Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FYI: The Local Bus System - New Protocols

In order to prepare you for your trip to visit us in Costa Rica, it is very helpful that you become familiar with these changes in local bus protocol.

The "colectivo", or local bus, has always been the primary way to travel in Latin America.

While the long haul buses compete with airlines by installing plush reclining seats and showing movies ...

The colectivo bus remains ...
Simply a sad old re-purposed school bus. 
Minimalist conveyance in the extreme.
Diesel exhaust perpetrator deluxe. 
Spine-pounding butt-rocking E-ticket.
The Latin American substitute for Ann Landers.
The most fun you can have for 35 cents.

Well that's all starting to change. 
I'm not sure it's for the better.

Please View the VIDEO here.


Once you have absorbed this important information, please enjoy a few random photos ...



My li'l hummer.

My dinner.

Afternoon rain dumps another 5 inches.

My real estate agent.

I call this still-life composition "Computer with Salt".

My dinner.

Not real flashy. But hey at least he knows to stand still.
The friggin' Blue Morphos are manic.

The clay soil is brick red. 

Pinto loves to take me for walks.

Banana leaf squiggle.

No it's not!
Meet Yuca, the other white starch.



2 comments:

  1. If I understood spanish, I would get the jokes in the video better. I get the jist... I think,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's funnier to us gringos who have endured the, ahem, informalities of life on the Tico bus. Ask your Dad if it's funny, he'd know.

    ReplyDelete