This is very nice.
We are in the scenic mountain town of Salento which is at an altitude of about 6500 feet. The folks here tell us that it's 75 degrees every day, and while I'm not sure I believe that, I am sure it is what we like.
The only reason we are here is that a German couple said it was the place for us. This happened long ago down in Southern Ecuador.
We have met so many warm and friendly people here. Some expats from the US, UK, Spain, Switzerland, and some native Colombians. Everyone has gone out of their way to help us make connections, look at properties, and just simply be delightfully fun to be around.
There is actually good coffee to drink here. Today we took a tour of a coffee "finca" of 25 hectares. We now know how to grow the plants from seed, transplant, tend, and harvest the coffee. We also saw the machinery used to remove the "cherry" and begin the drying process.
What a commitment to quality!
Colombia is #4 in volume, #1 in quality.
No comments:
Post a Comment